Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shopping Bag [4]: Drugstore-Discount Stores

{Originally Posted on October 14, 2010}



A few things I picked up last week at Walgreens, the $1.50 store, & a local drugstore.



Wet n Wild Color Icon™ Eyeshadow Single in 255B "Penny"
This is a shimmery bronze with gold flecks (not chunky glitter) and an orange undertone. I think it's a great Summer or Fall color.



Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush & Highlighter in 008 "Spring Flower"
Since Fall is here, I wanted to try out a more plum-colored blush. My first thought was NARS "Sin", but I wanted to make sure I could pull off the look before I purchased a more expensive product. I saw this at my local drugstore & it happened to be 25% off so I picked it up! The left side is a matte pink, the center color is a shimmery neutral taupe with a hint of purple, & the right side color is a matte light plum color. Mixing all 3 colors (which is how I use it) gives a nice midtone pinky-plum shade with just a hint of sheen.



Wet n Wild Color Icon™ Eyeshadow Palette in 249 "Vanity"
Out of the 4 palettes, this was the only one I was interested in (although "Greed" is starting to look better everytime I see it lol). These are nice warm colors: 3 matte shades & 3 shimmery ones. I think I prefer the shimmery shades better but the darkest matte one is really nice. All colors can be worn year-round, but again, I think the shimmery ones are especially nice for Summer & Fall because of the warm golden look.



Wet n Wild Idol Eyes™ Cream Shadow in 130 "Pixie" 
I don't know what the cause is, but lately my waterline has been alot more red than usual. Not so much my eyes, but the waterline. I know, it's odd. I was thinking of getting a white liner to use on the waterline for daytime for a quick fix, but I know white is a bit harsh. So it was perfect that I saw this! It's a shimmery champagne color that's not too opaque with a nice creamy texture.



Wet n Wild Mega Last® Lip Color in 903C "Just Peachy" 
This looks like a pink color with a peach undertone in the tube, but on the lips, it goes on as a straight opaque peach on my lips.



Wet n Wild Mega Last® Lip Color in 918D Cherry Bomb
I find that I can't pull of the classic red lip, so I thought I'd try a darker red out. It looks like a vampy dark red in the tube, but when applied onto my lips it's more of an opaque berry red.



Here is a picture of all the swatches.
I know they're kinda hard to see, but ext time I'll be sure to take separate pictures!


 
     
These are 2 face scrubbers that I got from the Asian $1.50 store (Daiso).



 xxx Mayumi

No comments:

Post a Comment