Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Birchbox: August 2011

The box included a card that read the following:

"Hi there,

Whether it's the hottest tech gadget or a life-changing hair treatment, we're always on the hunt for the next big thing. That's why we've devoted this month to beauty innovations. These are products that are hopping boundaries, rethinking the compact, and shaking things up.

Innovation can mean many things. It's not just the latest wonder ingredients (though we love those) - it's also about problem-solvers like a hair mask that rebuilds damaged strands or genius eye treatment pads that de-puff in minutes. Not to mention revolutionary products, like blinc's beyond waterproof eyeliner.

Go to Birchbox.com for tips on using your samples, plus a fresh batch of articles and videos. Smartphone addict? Read our roundup of the best beauty apps, and get ready to start downloading. You'll also find a guide to beauty breakthroughs and tips on troubleshooting foundation, plus video tutorials on curly hair updos and the fall runway eyeliner trend.

To infinity and beyond,
Katia, Hayley, and the Birchbox Team"


This month's Birchbox included the following products:


1). Carol's Daughter | Monoi Repairing Hair Mask                                             
      7 oz | $29
      A creamy treatment that revives dull or dry strands with natural monoi oil, and leaves hair smelling like tropical flowers.
      *This hand cream came as a sample size - 25ml/ 0.58 fl.oz.   The skin on my hands has been really dry the last few months since I wash my hands so often while I'm at work, so I was happy to see this in the box. 


2). Pangea Organics | Cleanser for Combination to Oily Skin      
      4 fl oz | $28
      Made from all natural ingredients, this foaming wash purifies pores and keeps oil levels in check without drying out skin.
      *This also came as a sample size - 30ml/ 1 fl.oz. I have previously purchased this in the 3oz & 8oz sizes at Sephora & know it works for me, so having this small size will be useful for travel.


3). blinc | Eyeliner
      0.21 oz | $24
      This inky formula lays on a seamless line of color that stays put through rain, tears, sweat, and anything else you throw its way.
     *This shine spray came in a 2.1 oz/ 60g/ 71ml travel size. I don't typically style my hair that often, & don't see a particular need for a shine spray, but nonetheless will be taking this with me when I go back home for a few weeks in Aug/Sept to try it out. If I don't like it much I'll probably just leave it there for my mom to use.



4). Wei | Tibetan Chrysanthemum Correcting Eye Treatment Pads
      10 pairs | $60
      Save the cucumbers for your salad. These clever pads quickly de-puff and brighten the under eye area using natural flower and plant extracts.
      *This nail polish came in a half size bottle (0.25 fl.oz/ 7.5ml) rather than the full size (0.5 fl.oz/ 15ml) that's sold in stores & salons which was slightly disappointing, but I'm still content since this was the color I most wanted from their "Touch" collection!


Extra: twistband | Hair Tie
       Set of 3 | $5
       This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover - it looks as good on your wrist as it does in your hair.
       *I ate this the day of taking these pictures before I headed to work. It was pretty good but didn't really "wow" me or anything. Tastes like any other fruit & nut bar to me.

To find out more, visit www.birchbox.com


xxx Mayumi

No comments:

Post a Comment