Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birchbox + Cynthia Rowley: July 2011

What is a Birchbox you might ask? It is a monthly subscription to receive 4-5 beauty samples only for $10.
This was my first order from Birchbox, & for this month they have collaborated with designer Cynthia Rowley.


The box included a card that read the following:

"Hi there,
Oh, do we have a special treat in store for you. We've enlisted one of our favorite designers, Cynthia Rowley, to guest curate this month's box.

We're longtime Cynthia fans - we love how she blends the practical and the ornate without missing a single stilleto-ed step. Her collections include classic pieces that will last decades as well as flirtatious silhouettes in the most fantastical prints. Plus, she's a collaboration genius - she's put her mark on everything from wetsuits to Band-Aids. Now she's sharing some of her all-time favorite products with you, including a backstage secret that gives hair mega shine and a cult favorite cleanser that keeps skin clear and youthful.

Head online for an exclusive interview with Cynthia herself, plus tips on pairing prints and makeup (hin: no matching!) and a video on getting gorgeous summer hair.

Happy summer!

xoxo,
Katia, Hayley and the Birchbox Team"


This month's Birchbox included the following products:



1). AHAVA | Mineral Hand Cream                                             
      3.4 oz | $20
      Loaded with Dead Sea minerals, this fast-absorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue.
   
      *This hand cream came as a sample size - 25ml/ 0.58 fl.oz.   The skin on my hands has been really dry the last few months since I wash my hands so often while I'm at work, so I was happy to see this in the box.



2). philosophy | purity made simple one-step facial cleanser       
      8 oz | $20  &  16 oz | $32
      This perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin.
      *This also came as a sample size - 30ml/ 1 fl.oz. I have previously purchased this in the 3oz & 8oz sizes at Sephora & know it works for me, so having this small size will be useful for travel.


3). Redken | shine flash 02
      4.4 oz | $17
      A must for all Cynthia's runway shows, this weightless spray gives hair a brilliant finish.
     *This shine spray came in a 2.1 oz/ 60g/ 71ml travel size. I don't typically style my hair that often, & don't see a particular need for a shine spray, but nonetheless will be taking this with me when I go back home for a few weeks in Aug/Sept to try it out. If I don't like it much I'll probably just leave it there for my mom to use.


4). Zoya | Touch Collection Nail Polish in "Shay"
      0.5 fl oz | $8
      Neutral gets a sexy makeover in this creamy, slightly metallic nude. The perfect accessory to summer's bright fashions.
      *This nail polish came in a half size bottle (0.25 fl.oz/ 7.5ml) rather than the full size (0.5 fl.oz/ 15ml) that's sold in stores & salons which was slightly disappointing, but I'm still content since this was the color I most wanted from their "Touch" collection!


Extra: KIND | Almond & Apricot
       Snack right with this wholesome bar - no preservatives or hard-to-pronounce ingredients.
       "They are my favs! I always have one in my bag just in case."   -- Cynthia Rowley
       *I ate this the day of taking these pictures before I headed to work. It was pretty good but didn't really "wow" me or anything. Tastes like any other fruit & nut bar to me.




To find out more, visit www.birchbox.com



xxx Mayumi

No comments:

Post a Comment