Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Favorites: April 2011

This month's faves.


Britney Spears "Fantasy" perfume has been my most used since I got it back in November 2010.

Face Products: Revlon ColorStay foundation & Revlon Age Defying Face Illuminator.

My skin has been drier lately, so using the usual 1-2 layers of foundation applied with a brush was looking cakey. For the past month, I've been loving using a thin layer of the ColorStay applied with fingers, & I'll use a concealer to cover any problem areas. After foundation & concealer, I apply the Face Illuminator on my cheekbones & forehead with a brush.This one's great because it makes my skin look dewier without looking overly shimmery or greasy, plus it gives a bit of a tan tint which is great because the ColorStay is just a bit too light for me at the moment.

 Swatch of the Face Illuminator in 030 Gold Light


Nails: Pure Ice "Twinkle" (left) & Revlon "Black with Envy" (right).
Twinkle is a coral with golden micro-shimmers that looked amazing against my (fake)-tanned skin.
Black with Envy is a dupe for Chanel's "Black Pearl". Need I say more?


Eyes: Wet n Wild "Nutty" single shadow,  Tarina Tarantino "Golden Shadow" cream shadow, & Prestige "My Biggest Lashes". Quick & easy eye looks are what I've been loving lately, & my fave combo has been "Nutty" layered over a "Golden Shadow" base. I won't go into too much detail about the mascara as I'm planning on doing a review of it soon, but I will say that it gives me the best volume out of the 4 mascaras I'm currently using.

 Golden Shadow (left), Nutty layered over Golden Shadow (center), Nutty (right).


Lips: Revlon ColorBurst lipgloss in "Strawberry". This is a nice medium pink with non-gritty glitter in it that I've been using alone over some balm, or layered over light pink & bright pink lipsticks.


Brushes: MAC 165 for applying cheek highlight (my favorite part of my makeup application!) & the Crown C433 ProBlending Fluff brush which makes blending out eye shadows SO easy.




xxx Mayumi

No comments:

Post a Comment